Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 8/6 - 8/12

Mon. Partner punching drills, 7 x 4 min hands only with take down matches, 2 x 6 min grappling with strikes. Finished with some strength training. Great work-out.

Tues. a.m. biked 50 min. Finished with 3 sets of pull-ups & one legged squats.
p.m. Forms, knife sparring, 4 x 4min. Grappling.

Wed. 4 x stick fighting, 4 x standup - hands only, 4 x grappling with strikes. All for 4 minutes each with 30 sec. break in-between. Abs & push-ups after.

Thurs. a.m. 50 min. On bike, with strength training after.

Fri. Forms

Sat. Forms, Pad work with strengthening after.

Sun. Biked 50 min. With more boring strength training.

Felt great sparring mon. & wed. 9 weeks left of specific training. Even though the strength training is beyond mundane, it seems to be working. My old bench mark for pull-ups was 20. That was my must have, wake up any day & do number. Well I'm finally getting back to that. I have been sleeping in a boot for the past 3 weeks to help my foot heal. Funny how strapping your foot into a clunky plastic boot while you sleep is somehow supposed to help. That combined with icing, rolling my calves, stretching hips, hamstrings, rolling my foot & a lot of complaining seems to be working. I'm hoping to try some easy running next week. I'm defenitly feeling the wear from the increased training. Still feel really lucky to have such great people around me to train with & be inspired. Having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment