Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Great training

Sometimes you have a training session that totally changes your mood, even outlook. Tonight I was feeling a bit run down, not really looking forward to putting myself back in the meat grinder. Turns out it was just Rick & Stats, two longtime black belts. My foot & back were hurting at the start. My mood soon all changed after a few bow staff sparring rounds. Those guys are so much fun to train with. We all seemed to be really enjoying the moment. It was as challenging as it was rewarding, a perfect blend of struggle & joy. It reminds me of two really important points, 1: no matter how you feel a great work- out can change the way you feel mentally & physically; 2: I really feel that those who do not get the opportunity to experience martial arts training are missing out on so many life changing aspects. One night training with two great guys will have a far reaching positive impact on me for a long time. Martial arts is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment