Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 8/27 - 9/2

Mon. Called off the training. Rolled my ankle.

Tues. Biked 50 min, then strength training.

Wed. 4 bow sparring matches, 10 hands only 4 min. Matches. Finished with some conditioning drills.

Thurs. Ran 1 HR. 3 sets of pull - ups & one legged squats. Forms

Fri. Ran 1 HR.

Sat. Ran 95 min on purgatory creek trail in San Marcos with Bruce from New York. He was not used to the humidity. Bruce is a former division one track runner. He knows a lot about how to run short distances fast, but when he got out of the car with no water, I thought this could end bad. I shared my 22oz of water with him and he got through it. Running in Texas summer is like a totally different sport from just running.

Sun. Pool side

Not as much sparring as I would have liked. Maybe it's good to give my face a little rest from taking a beating 3 times a week. Having a ton of fun hitting the pads & pushing myself. It can actually be so peaceful in the middle of a sparring match. You can't think about anything else and have to be totally in the moment. Live to train - train to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment